An athlete doesn’t matter his age, but he needs explosive power to do his athleticism. To gain this much power, an athlete needs to take a certain amount of Protein. Protein is important for athletes, and protein supplements are often an easy way for athletes to fit in their post-workout Protein to help repair and build muscles. But for the teen, protein supplements are not always a wise choice.
There are very few protein powder brands that provide safe and acceptable protein powder for teenagers. However, most teen athletes do not need additional Protein. They have to focus on getting appropriate nutrition for growth, physical activity, and development. It is highly advised that teenagers must avoid most supplements, including protein powders, and get their nutrients through whole foods.
There is a choice for teenagers to get Protein without having any side effects problems. Whey protein is a well-known and highly used protein powder because it can easily be digested and absorbed to build your muscles. Here are some tips for teenagers about protein powders, how much Protein a teenage athlete needs, and some of the best protein powders and shakes for teens.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is a protein in whey, the water component of milk that separates cakes from cheese. Whey protein is widely used to improve athletic performance and increase strength, but evidence to support this use is compounded.
Some processing steps with whey liquid go through until it becomes powder that can add with meal replacement shakes, protein bars, and more. Whey protein is not so good in taste; that’s why it is usually flavored chocolate, vanilla, even cookies and creme or berry.
We can call whey protein a complete protein because it contains all the important amino acids to build proteins in your body. There is no problem with that in digesting procedure. Whey protein contains little fat, little lactose, and it has an efficient way of digesting quickly.
There is an important matter to look at that if you can’t tolerate lactose or have a problem with dairy foods, you should avoid taking whey protein. Because whey isolate or hydrolysate may work for you, but probably not whey concentrate, which contains amounts of lactose.
Most teen athletes or bodybuilders take whey protein as a protein supplement. But it is not recommended to take without proper caution and knowledge.
Benefits of Whey Protein
- Complete Protein- contains all essential amino acids that your body cannot make.
- It is easily digested.
- It may help you feel “full” and reduce appetite, which could help you lose weight.
- Rich in branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). Leucine, a BCAA, helps promote muscle growth and recovery after exercise.
Is Whey Protein Safe For Teenage Athletes?
Teenagers tend to see a big guy in the gym; they want to be like them as soon as possible. Even they want to take extra Protein, thinking that it will help them. But in the long run, it doesn’t help them much. They want to become bigger, stronger, and faster on the field using protein powder. But most likely, they don’t need it. It could even be harmful to teenagers to take extra Protein above a teen’s recommended amount.
The best idea to choose a supplement that is just whey protein without other additives. It is important to know that whey protein is made from milk, and whey itself is likely fairly safe when purchased in this natural form from a high-quality manufacturer.
The Dangers of Protein Supplements for Teens:
A common label in the protein powders has been printed in their body that says “intended for healthy adults over 18.” The reason behind it is that these supplements are not strictly regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not tested for teenagers because whey proteins are intended for adults over age 18. So, it can be very harmful in some cases.
As protein powders are not highly regulated, some have been found to contain substances that are not allowed or contaminated with toxic chemicals and harmful ingredients in children and children (heavy metals such as cadmium, mercury, arsenic, lead, or other toxins such as BPA are found in protein supplements). After some years, it will become dangerous for healthy children as they grow and develop and pass through adolescence. That’s why a teen athlete needs to very conscious about it and take it after reading its ingredients.
Some protein drinks are not enough to fulfill your needs for Protein. They also have extra added sugars and also contain many unsafe ingredients for teens. After summarizing these negative sides, you can’t take protein powders as your go-to for increasing Protein in a diet plan.
There is proves that an athlete must take more Protein than a normal non-active teen. The reasons behind this are many. One of the main reasons is to gain explosive power. A teen athlete sometimes fails to judge how they take proper limits of Protein. Some teens could benefit from a protein supplement. But there are always some risks, including risks related to excess protein intake.
In the case of Protein, it isn’t easy to make a good diet plan for it. Because just eating healthy foods doesn’t provide all the Proteins that a teen needed. Teens tend to take protein powders to fill that protein gap. But it adds too much Protein for them. A diet too high in Protein for a teen can cause dangerous side effects such as dehydration, liver problems, kidney problems, and calcium losses (weak bones), and many more.
We have many teens get fat after going a plan of the excess level of Protein. They take that to make their body stronger and athletic. But they don’t know that eating too much Protein also equals excess calories that are usually stored in fat, which equals unwanted weight gain. Although a teen can consume excess Protein as it is an essential nutrient. This consumed protein body can use so much Protein, so any extra won’t result in muscle and greater health. These extra calories from Protein are stored as fat.
Too much whey protein can also have unwanted side effects such as diarrhea, pain, nausea, flatulence, and cramping.
The doctor suggests getting extra Protein is through food for teenage athletes. It’s enough for teens to get enough diet through their diet, even if they are trying to put on muscle. Foods like lean meats, dairy, fish, eggs, nuts, and seeds will provide plenty of protein without going overboard. Many teens are getting most of the Protein in their diet through regular foods.
As we see, it’s kind of tough to make a proper diet plan for the youth. But there must be a place for protein powder in a teenage athlete’s diet. If a teen athlete doesn’t take their daily protein target, it can be harmful to their overall growth and development.
Some teens who are high-carb eaters, vegetarians, and some underweight kids need protein powders necessarily. Because after taking proper diet they can’t fulfill their need of protein. In these cases, a teen athlete can take safe protein powder with a doctor’s approval.
The above number of cases is very rare. It’s better to ask a doctor before taking any supplements. Consulting with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to determine protein intake goals is a very good idea for a teen athlete.
Every teen athlete doesn’t need to take protein powders. A well-balanced protein-rich is much more efficient than protein powder. There is no tension for any side effects; rather, it will benefit a teen a lot more than protein powder will ever will. So, my suggestion for you to stick to whole foods to get enough protein in your diet. You can use small amounts of protein powder if you do need a little extra protein. Please use a protein powder without artificial sweeteners and flavors.
Why Athletes Need Protein
For an athlete, his physical shape and the ability to exercise tough training sessions are very important. Protein help athletes to build, strengthen, repair, and maintain muscle other body tissue after a workout. That’s why Protein intake is especially important for an athlete.
Athletes need more protein than sedentary individuals. Occasionally, athletes need to fulfill the need for protein using the supplement.
How Much Protein Do Teenagers Need?
Non-athlete teenagers need less Protein than athlete teens. Normally teens need about 0.3 to 0.4 grams of protein per pound of body weight (about 0.85 grams per kilogram). So, depending on size, a teen needs to take 40 to 60 grams of protein per day. To get this, it is not necessary to take extra protein powder or any supplements. They can get that through whole foods.
How Much Protein Do Teen Athletes Need?
At the age of 13 to 19, a child called a teen. Normally this time is called the years of growth and development. That’s why they need a lot of protein, whether they do athletics or not. But teenage athletes need even more protein than those who aren’t physically active. There is also some parameter to measure protein like age, gender, activity levels, and weight.
A teenage athlete has to take about 0.45 to 0.6 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight to stay fit. Those who aren’t doing any athletics need slightly less protein, depending on size.
There are enough natural food items to fulfill the need for the protein of teen athletes. They can meet their protein requirements by including protein foods a few times regularly spaced throughout the day. Mainly animal and plant sources provide protein. But the high-quality protein is coming from animal products such as meat, fish, eggs, poultry, milk, and dairy products. You can also get protein through some soy products. These are the best protein sources teens can include in their diet.
Teens tend to take 2 to 3 times more than the recommended amount of protein. They think it will help them to grow and strong body fast. Studies have found that young athletes eat plenty of protein. They don’t know that adding extra protein to their diets will not help them build additional muscle.
A teen athlete doesn’t need any extra supplements if he already takes enough protein through meat, fish, eggs, and dairy products. Taking extra supplements will create more problems for them.
Is It OK for a Teenager to Drink Protein Shakes?
Protein shakes another supplement for the teenager who needs extra protein with their diet. Protein shakes are pre-mixed protein drinks. Artificial sweeteners, fat, and other ingredients are added to these protein shakes. These also contain added fillers such as sugars, and it affects the teens negatively. That’s why it is not recommended for teenagers.
A teen athlete can make protein shakes if he likes them the most. He has to blend some greek yogurt, chia seeds, and frozen fruits and vegetables to get 20+ grams of protein. This protein shake is enough for pre-or post-workout. Adding extra protein powder for a protein-packed smoothie or shake is not needed for a teen athlete.
Most teenagers try to build muscle very quickly because of their low knowledge about bodybuilding. To do that, they add some protein shakes. But it is proved that the best way to build such muscle isn’t to load up on protein. It is better to be smart about when they eat protein. Taking a proper amount of protein 3-4 or more times per day will help them building muscle.
A teen can take a protein shake if his physician recommends it to him. He has to find age-appropriate protein powders for him. Pre-made shakes are not that much helpful for a teen athlete. The serving size is typically 1-2 scoops of protein powder per day for anywhere from 20-50 grams of protein. I would recommend only 1/2 scoop per day, but teens can get the protein they need from a healthy diet.
Should 16-year-olds Take Protein Shakes?
There is no need for protein shakes for a 16-year-old teen. A 16-year-old teen only needs 50 grams of protein per day that can be fulfilled by food easily. It would be enough to include protein food at each meal and snack; a teen will get plenty of protein to meet his needs. Protein shakes can sometimes be unsafe for a 16-year-old.
Here’s a sample Menu of More Than 50 Grams of Protein in a Day:
- Breakfast- Protein shake made with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup milk, one tablespoon chia seeds, one frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen zucchini, and one tablespoon natural peanut butter. (20 grams of protein)
- Snack- a small handful of trail mix, string cheese (15 grams of protein)
- Lunch- 3 oz tuna sandwich on whole-wheat bread, apple, 1/4 cup hummus, carrot sticks, crackers (33 grams of protein)
- Snack- 8 oz Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup granola (18 grams of protein)
- Dinner- 1 cup leafy green salad, two bean burritos with salsa (30 grams of protein)
- Total for the day = 116 grams of protein in a normal day without even trying. Teens need between 40-90 grams of protein per day, which means most teens are getting plenty of protein.
Best Protein Powders and Protein Shakes for Teens
At first, we have to understand that protein powders are not the main provider of protein. Whole foods are the first choice, and it is the best choice for teen athletes because whole foods provide plenty of protein. But if any teen athlete wants to add protein supplements to their diet, they should look for one that doesn’t have added sugars, artificial sweeteners, fillers, supplements, or fats.
My Recommendations for Whey Protein and Vegan Protein for Teenagers:
A teen athlete must check with his doctor before using a protein supplement. The doctor will describe to him how much extra protein is needed for him.
I like this brand Naked Whey Grass Fed Unflavored Whey Protein Powder (on Amazon) because it’s organic, has zero additives, and claims zero contamination from heavy metals and other unsafe ingredients. You have to mix it with your favorite smoothies, oatmeal, or a glass of milk. Because it is pure and simple straight whey protein, but unflavored and probably doesn’t taste very good plain.
CalNaturale Svelte Organic Protein Drink is a different kind of whey. Svelte is dairy-free and plant-based, made of soy milk for anyone that is lactose intolerant or vegan. It has added vitamins and minerals and is also gluten-free, organic, vegan, low in sugar, and doesn’t use artificial flavorings. You can get it here on Amazon, or you can buy it from any grocery store.
Orgain Organic Whey Protein Powder is one of the only ones that isn’t sweetened with artificial sweeteners. It has some fiber and no added sugar. Orgain claims it is healthy for adults and kids. They also have vegan plant-based protein powder.
Homemade Protein Smoothie – The best option for protein intake is a homemade smoothie or shake using whole food ingredients. You can experiment with a few options, and you’ll find some delicious shakes. You can fit a lot of protein in a homemade smoothie with the right ingredients. Here’s a customizable sample recipe to get you started:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1-2 cups milk
- 1-2 tablespoons chia or flax seeds
- 1 cup frozen fruit such as bananas, berries, peaches, mangoes
- 1 cup vegetables such as spinach, zucchini, kale, celery, beets
- Any other add-ins: oats, nut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, ice, etc.
Getting protein from whole food is more beneficial than using supplements. A homemade protein shake can provide 20+ grams of protein without using any protein powder. It’s easy to bring a homemade shake to school for breakfast or before practice in a Blender Bottle. You can get a good price for a set from Amazon here.
- Whey protein has many benefits and can help build muscle. However, protein supplements aren’t recommended for teenagers.
- Unregulated contaminants and unsafe ingredients for teenagers have been found in protein supplements.
- Protein powders can cause excess protein intake, which is harmful.
- The best way to have a high-protein diet is to plan a diet of evenly spaced out high-protein foods such as meats, fish, dairy products, seeds, nuts, and beans throughout the day.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Whey:
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted quality
- Gold standard 100% whey blend – 24 grams blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass – they don't call it the Gold Standard of quality for nothing
- Over 5 grams of BCAAS ‚Äì help build lean and strong muscles with BCAAs.Keep out of reach of children
- 3-4 grams carbs, 1-3 grams sugar, and 1-1.5 grams fat, gluten free, no sucralose in double rich chocolate flavor
- Instantized – Improves mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- Packaging may vary new look, with the same trusted quality
- Gold standard 100 % whey blend – 24g blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass – they don't call it the gold standard of quality for nothing
- Over 5g of bcaas – help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring bcaas
- 3 4g carbs, 1 3g sugar, and 1 1.5g fat, gluten free, no sucralose in double rich chocolate flavor. Allergen Information: this product contains whey derived from dairy and lecithin (to improve mixability) derived from soybeans. Notice: Not intended as a sole source of nutrition. Do not use for weight reduction
- Instantized – improves mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- One 5 lb container of Body Fortress Vanilla Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
- Scientifically advanced blend of protein powder contains 60 grams of protein and delivers 12 grams of BCAA’s per two scoops
- Vanilla protein shake powder contains amino acids plus Creatine for improved training recovery (1)
- Body Fortress Protein Powder contains zero aspartame and is gluten free
- Vanilla protein drinks are ideal for pre and post workout, or as needed throughout the day in order to meet your daily protein requirements
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein with zero additives. Naked Whey no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, No rBGH or rBST, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- ALL NATURAL WHEY: Our Grass Fed Whey is sourced from small dairy farms in California to bring you a non-denatured whey packed full of essential amino acids, clean protein and glutathione.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 25g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 3g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- COLD PROCESSED: Unlike most whey protein powders, Naked Whey is cold processed to ensure zero contamination from chemical detergents (no acid or bleach), synthetic additives, or heavy metals, and this maintains important naturally occurring growth factors.
- THE PERFECT WORKOUT PARTNER: Create pre and post workout whey shakes, smoothies and recipes to take your muscle gains and recovery to new heights.
- LEVELS WHEY PROTEIN: Each scoop of Levels Pure Chocolate Whey contains 24g Protein, 5.4g BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids), and no added sugars. Trusted by athletes, fitness enthusiasts and daily grinders everywhere, our whey is crafted for everyone’s lifestyle.
- NOTHING FAKE: Levels Whey is naturally delicious. That means no hormones, no GMOs, no added sugars, no soy, no gluten, no bleach, no fillers, and no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- SIMPLE & CLEAN: No fake chocolate flavor here. Levels Pure Chocolate Whey is made with delicious cold-pressed cacao and lightly sweetened with monk fruit extract.
- QUALITY FIRST: Quality milk tastes better, way better. That’s why grass-fed hormone-free dairy is the only dairy we use to make our whey protein concentrate. Whey concentrate is the least processed form of whey, which means it’s loaded with high-quality complete protein and essential amino acids.
- MADE IN THE USA: Levels Whey Protein is made in the U.S.A. and is undenatured to protect bioactivity and naturally occurring growth factors. Each batch is cold-process microfiltered and blended with non-gmo sunflower lecithin for that insanely easy mixing you expect.
- CLEAN WHEY PROTEIN: Truly Grass Fed Certified, Non GMO Project Verified, Gluten free, Soy free, NSF Certified for Sport and Informed Choice for Sport Certified, with No added hormones, No antibiotics, No added sugars
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Our Garden of Life Sports Whey Protein Isolate helps you refuels & repair muscles after a hard workout with 24g Grass Fed Whey, 4g Glutamine and over 6g BCAA amino acids
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT: This protein shake supports your immune system during a taxing training regimen or dieting cycle; rBST, rBGH and antibiotic free, un-denatured, cold-processed, micro-filtered, Non-GMO Project Verified and BSE free
- VANILLA PROTEIN POWDER: Our whey isolate protein powder helps reduce recovery time after a workout, helping you get back to training faster
- PROTEIN FOR A LEAN BODY: This protein powder for men and women can be used within an hour after a workout or throughout the day to combat hunger and improve satiety
- One’s most advanced whey exceeding all expectations
- Faster delivery advanced hydrolyzed whey protein isolates
- 30 grams ultra-pure protein per serving supports your muscle building goals
- 15.5 grams naturally occurring & added EAAS supports muscle recovery and growth
- Great any time protein source perfect for post workout recovery, between meals, or anytime additional protein is needed in your diet
- Quality Whey Protein | We use Ultra Micro-filtered USA made Whey Protein Isolate with Leucine Enriched Amino Acids..
- Build Lean Muscle | Each serving provides 25g of Protein, 150 Calories, 6.7g BCAAs & less than a gram of Sugar.
- Instantized to Prevent Clumps | Mix instantly on-the-go in a shaker bottle or use in your favorite smoothie recipe. Perfect for breakfast smoothies, a healthy protein-packed snack, or refueling post-workout shake.
- Delicious Dark Chocolate Flavor | We believe that our Whey Protein is the best tasting protein on the planet.
- Banned Substance Tested | Informed Choice Sport Certified - Gluten & Non-GMO Free - Made in the USA.
- Cook, Bake, Blend with Unflavored Protein Powder
- Pure, Unflavored, GMO Free, 100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE - a high-quality protein source providing 25g per serving to support muscle building and recovery
- The easy way to add high-quality protein into your preferred flavored beverages (hot or cold), smoothies, soups, sauces and baked goods recipes.
- 2 Ingredients
- No Added Colors/Flavors/Sweeteners
- Same trusted quality with a brand new look! Packaging may vary
- PROTEIN POWDER WITH BCAAs: Whey Protein Isolate is a high-quality protein that is both bioavailable and easily digested.
- UNFLAVORED, NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS: Mix one level scoop into your daily smoothie for 25 g of protein per serving.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
- 5 lbs of Dymatize Elite Whey Café Mocha Protein Powder (63 Servings)
- 5.5g of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) to help build muscle and aid in recovery; 2.7g of L-Leucine to support activation of Muscle Protein Synthesis
- Good pre, post-workout, or anytime for high-quality protein supplementation
- Packaging may vary
- Scientifically proven, fast-digesting, quick-absorbing, 100% whey protein
- A UNIQUE BLEND OF ALL THREE (3) WHEY PROTEINS FOR BETTER RESULTS - Our blend of whey protein isolate, concentrate and hydrolysate makes this the best protein for men and women wanting to stimulate muscle growth, manage weight and enhance recovery. Why settle for products with only whey concentrate? Maximize your results with Whey Fantastic!
- FANTASTIC NUTRITION IN EVERY SERVING: Each 30g serving provides 25g of cold processed, undenatured whey protein with 5.8g of BCAAs, 1g of Fat, No Added Sugars and 1g of carbs.
- TRANSFORM YOUR BODY: Scientific research indicates that adding a clean whey protein like Whey Fantastic, with its naturally occurring immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, and protein cofactors, to your daily regimen will help raise your metabolic rate, improve glucose tolerance and allow you to achieve your goals for a healthy fit body faster.
- COMPLETELY NATURAL, GRASS FED, HORMONE FREE: Try a healthier cold processed, non-denatured whey protein that is free of synthetic growth hormones (no rBGH or rBST) and is higher in key nutrients. Strawberry Whey Fantastic is Gluten Free, Soy Free, Non-GMO and containers no flavors, fillers or preservatives, plus it's Keto and Paleo Diet friendly.
- MIXES EASILY AND TASTES GREAT: Make fantastic clean high protein, low sugar pre- and post-workout shakes, smoothies and meal replacements for faster gains in lean muscle and improved recovery.
- ONLY 1 INGREDIENT: 100% Pure Grass Fed whey protein from the milk of jersey cows that graze freely on lush, green pastures year round. These small-farm cows are not only healthier but we believe happier too!
- Highest Quality, Cold Processed, NON-GMO, Soy Free, rBGH/rBST Hormone Free, Gluten Free, Grass Fed, Heavy Metal Free
- No added sweeteners, preservatives or fillers & NO SOY lecithin. Processed WITHOUT acid or bleach
- Sourced 100% from US Sustainable Small Farms. Cow's diet consists of a variety of wild grasses and clover - producing milk rich in omega-3s and CLAs
- 5 lbs of Dymatize ISO100 Gourmet Vanilla Protein Powder (76 Servings)
- 25 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), and 2.7 grams of Leucine per serving. 1 gram or less of sugar and fat per serving
- Scientifically formulated, fast-absorbing, hydrolyzed, 100% whey protein isolate. If your goal is gains in muscle size and strength, ISO100 is your perfect partner
- Easy on the stomach, gluten free with less than 0.5g of Lactose. Sweeteners like sucralose, steviol glycosides are present
- With 110-120 calories per serving, ISO100 can help support your keto diet, low carb diet or high protein diet. Add to your favorite recipe or high protein shakes!
- ONLY 1 INGREDIENT: 100% Organic Grass Fed whey protein from jersey cows grazing lush green pastures
- Cold Processed, USDA Organic, NON-GMO, Soy Free, rBGH/rBST Hormone Free, Gluten Free
- No added sweeteners, preservatives or fillers & NO SOY lecithin. Processed WITHOUT acid or bleach
- Sourced 100% from US Sustainable Small Farms - Cows are not only healthier but happier too
- Cow's diet consists of a variety of wild grasses and clover producing milk rich in omega-3s and CLAs
- MUSCLE-BUILDING WHEY PROTEIN POWDER: MusclePharm’s Combat 100% Whey is a muscle-building protein powder comprised of high-quality ingredients that help build muscle mass and assist in recovery
- AMAZING-TASTING WHEY PROTEIN MIX: Our whey protein 10-pounds chocolate milk mix is easy to mix with milk, almond milk, water, fruit, and vegetables. It tastes great whether simply mixed into a beverage or blended in a smoothie or shake
- PACKED WITH PROTEIN: Our muscle-building protein powder is packed with 25 grams of protein, featuring whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. It’s also gluten-free
- BANNED-SUBSTANCE TESTED and certified by Informed-Choice. Athletes who see the Informed-Choice logo on a product can be assured it has undergone rigorous checks and testing to ensure that it is not contaminated with banned substances and is safe to use
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: All MusclePharm products are backed by a 30-day full money-back guarantee.
- HIGH PROTEIN: 21 grams of easy-to-digest, muscle-building protein in a delicious vanilla flavor
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Help refuel and repair your muscles with a clean nutritional shake and get back in the gym faster
- PROTEIN POWDER WITH PROBIOTICS: Tasty, smooth protein shake with 2 billion CFU probiotics and 4.7g of Branched-chain amino acids for easy digestion
- PROTEIN POWDER: 120 calorie organic whey protein is produced from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows; right and robust free
- ORGANIC: Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, California Grass Fed, American Humane Certified
- Workout recovery Muscle Milk 100 percentage whey protein powder supplies your body with high quality protein for rapid essential amino acid delivery that can aid recovery and support muscle growth following a workout
- Key features based on 1 scoop (33 gram for vanilla, 34 grams for chocolate), Muscle Milk whey protein powder contains 25 gram high quality 100 percentage whey sourced protein and 5.5 gram naturally occurring BCAAs from bound whey protein, including 2.6 gram Leucine
- Great tasting shake Muscle Milk 100 percentage whey dissolves easily in water; just mix 1 scoop in 6.8 fluid ounces of water; you can also add it to cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles and other foods when you are looking for a protein boost
- Protein Timing Muscle Milk 100 percentage whey is a rapid release protein that can deliver a quick source of amino acids; Take advantage of the post workout window when your muscles are the most receptive to nutrients to refuel, repair and grow
- Quality Matters: The Proteins in Muscle Milk protein shakes attain a protein digestibility amino acid score (PDCAAS) score of 1.0; attaining a PDCAAS score of 1.0 it is the highest quality score a food protein can have
- 5LBS Of Pure, Unflavored, Whey Protein Isolate Powder.
- 68 Servings of the Best, High Quality, Undenatured, Whey Protein Isolate Per Bottle
- 30 Grams of Protein Per Serving (Scoop Included)
- Non-GMO & Gluten Free
- Manufactured In a GMP Compliant, FDA Registered Facility
- Only one ingredient-Pure Pastured-fed Organic Whey Protein from USA farms-know where your whey comes from
- The First Non-GMO Project Verified, American Humane Association Certified, USDA Organic, Kosher Organic Whey Protein
- 21g of protein, 4.9 grams of branched-chain amino acids, and 150mg glutathione per serving
- Pure organic whey from the milk of grass-fed cows from family farms in Northern California Soy-free, Gluten-free, processed without acid or bleach, rBGH/rBST hormone free, non-denatured, cold-processed
- No added sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, colors or flavors
You May Also Like…
- What is the Best Meal Plan for Teenage Athletes?
- Best Meal Plan for High School Football Player
- How Many Calories Should 14 Year Old Eat?
- How to Be the Perfect Size and Weight for High School Football Player
- Best Nutrition Meal Plan for Basketball Players
Last update 2021-11-29 at 09:32